Journey of NaiTsa

                                                    Monkey and Crocodile


One day a monkey wanted to cross a river. He saw a crocodile in the river so he asked the crocodile told the monkey to jump on to its back. Then the crocodile swam down the river.
Now the crocodile was very hungry so when it was in the middle of the river it stopped and said to the monkey
“Monkey, my father is very sick he must eat the heart of a monkey then he will be strong again.”
The monkey thought for a while then he told the crocodile to swim back to the river bank.
“What for asked the crocodile because I didn't bring my heart with me,” said the monkey,” I left it under the tree near some coconuts.”
So the crocodile turned around and swam back to the bank of the river as soon as they reached the river bank the monkey jumped off the crocodiles back and climbed up to the top of a tree.
“Where is your heart,” asked the crocodile.
“You are foolish,” the monkey said to the crocodile,”Now I am free and you have nothing.
The monkey told the crocodile not to try to trick him again the crocodile swam away hungry.

Taken from www.aesopfables.com
Naima Untsa

Categories:

Leave a Reply